Healthy water for under-privileged children
Ronald McDonald House Charities (Selangor, Malaysia)
"Because Waterco is an established company that produces innovative products,
we knew they would be able to solve our problem"
- Healthy water imperative for the wellbeing of sick children
- Dual filtration action produces superior water clarity
- Waterco's water solutions provide peace of mind for families
Setting: An iconic children’s charity helping under-privileged children
Ronald McDonald House Charities is an American independent non-profit organization whose stated mission is to create, find, and support programs that directly improve the health and wellbeing of children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities is an American independent non-profit organization and this house is filled with more than help, they’re filled with hope.
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Malaysia is located at Hospital Cancelor Tuanku Muhriz. In general, Ronald McDonald House programs offer rooms for families of paediatric patients 21 years old and younger. And, for children facing a serious medical crisis, nothing seems scarier than not having mom and dad close by for love and support. A Ronald McDonald House provides a place for families to call home so they can stay close by their hospitalized child at little to no cost.
Since installing Waterco’s filtration solution, residents and staff at Ronald McDonald House have enjoyed clean, clear water free from impurities.
Challenge: Poor water quality and sedimentation
Safe drinking water is crucial for maintaining public health and supporting healthy communities. And when you have children facing serious health challenges, clean, healthy water is essential to their recovery.
Faced with poor potable water affected by sedimentation caused by rusty incoming water supply pipelines, RMHC House Manager Idayu Binti Mukti needed an easy-to-operate filter for the main pipe.
“Because Waterco is an established company that produces innovative products, we knew they would be able to solve our problem,” she explains. “That’s why we didn’t consider any other products.”
Ronald McDonald House programs offer rooms for families of paediatric patients 21 years old and younger.
Solution: Waterco’s superior filtration solution
Waterco’s sales representative Roy Goh recommended three high-quality filtration products – a Micron Deep Bed Sand Filter (model W500), 40mm Multiport Valve and Zeoplus Superior Filter Media. Together they provide enhanced, in-depth filtration, increased dirt retention capacity, and reduced maintenance due to their durable construction.
Special features of Waterco’s Micron Deep Bed Sand Filters:
• Manufactured from the highest grade of non-corrosive materials and employing the latest in fibreglass winding technology
• Technologically advanced, blow moulded inner shell of fibreglass reinforced polyester resin strengthened with multiple layers of continuous strands of
• Easy maintenance reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing out the trapped dirt from filter bed.
When you have children facing serious health challenges, clean, healthy water is essential to their recovery. A high quality filtration – Micron Deep Bed Sand Filter was recommended by Waterco as a solution.
Special features of Waterco’s MultiPort Valve:
• Engineered to withstand a working pressure of up to 600 kPa (58 psi)
• 6-way multiple valve positions
• High-grade stainless-steel components
• Heavy duty ABS construction
• Clear sight glass for backwash inspection
• Imperial quick connect unions
• Wear resistant rotor
• Durable lever action handle
• Pressure gauge
Special features of Waterco’s Zeoplus Superior Filter Media:
• Dual mechanical filtration action produces superior water clarity down to 5 microns
• Reduces chlorine demand and absorbs ammonia properties
• Reduces backwash flow rates
Conclusion: Consistently high-quality water every time you turn on the tap
Since installing Waterco’s filtration solution in January 2017, residents and staff at Ronald McDonald House have enjoyed clean, clear water free from impurities. This is reassuring to everyone involved in the facility, especially the children and their families.
“Clean water is vital to us at RMHC as we want the children and families to have a peace of mind whenever they turn on the tap for their daily water supply,” says Idayu, the house manager.